Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's hard to find good help

So after the last childcare disaster, we decided to have a younger family member fill our once-a-week childcare position.  Basically, it's just a few hours one morning a week for me to take care of all the errands and house "stuff." 
Well, today was her first day on the job - start time 9:30.  It's not 10:15 and she is at least 30 minutes away! WTH? I started calling her phone when she was 15 minutes late, thinking... Ok she's just running behind, maybe I can get an ETA and reschedule my morning.  But NO! Her phone is off.  So the eternal mother that I am, I'm starting to freak out about all the things that may have happened to her - car wreck, extreme traffic, alien abduction - and I can't find anyone who has seen her all morning.  Crap! She's 30 minutes late - something has definitely happened.  I call the brother-in-law (whose house she was staying at) and wake him up (cop, weird hours, NEVER wake him up unless it's an emergency) and he informs me that she is still asleep on the couch! WTH?????
I tell her that she was supposed to be here half an hour ago - "Oh man..."  

Hells yes, it's "oh man!" You have just given me a heart attack because I thought something had happened to you and really you just can't get your lazy ass out of bed?!?! You went to sleep at 10:00 last night!  Wake up, and smell the coffee, sweetheart!  No adults get to sleep for 12 hours - don't care how tired you might be - but especially not when you get 10 hours of sleep on a regular basis! 

Needless to say, moral to today's story, it's hard to find good help.  Maybe it's a good thing that we got into preschool for the fall!  We'll leave it to the professionals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment